The JCR (or Junior Combination Room) is the name given to the community of undergraduate students at Caius. It is also the name for the common room used by the undergraduates.
- Orchestrating the JCR parenting-scheme. All first year undergraduates are allocated College 'parents' by the GCSU. These 'parents' give friendly advice on academic and other matters. Usually at least one 'parent' is a 2nd or 3rd year student studying the same subject.
- Organising social events.
- Overseeing the finances of the various College clubs and societies.
- Providing information and advice on welfare, housing, financial issues, exam preparation etc. This advice is in addition to the advice provided by each undergraduate's personal Tutor.
- Liaising with the Cambridge University Students' Union (CUSU) and the National Union of Students (NUS).
Many members of the JCR (and MCR) can be found most evenings in the College Bar (below the dining hall). The GCSU reps are always available to chat to new undergraduates and Caius prides itself on the friendliness of its undergraduate community.