Caius 9&10 is a programme from Gonville & Caius College for Year 9 and 10 students from state schools across our link areas.
The three-month programme offers a springboard for Year 9 and 10 students, encouraging them to consider university as a post-secondary option and supporting them in their academic and personal growth. After starting in 2022, it reached over 600 pupils in April 2023, and will next run again in March 2024.
Caius 9&10 was established to raise aspirations in Year 9 and 10 students and give them the early support they need to progress to competitive universities. The programme focuses on what students can be doing now in order to enhance their academic progress and gain confidence in their skills and interests.
Selection for the scheme is carried out using a combination of academic and widening participation criteria.
The programme features five informative and interactive sessions for the students to engage with:
- Launch event - Introduction to studying at university and Oxbridge
- Critical thinking and exploring subject interests
- Taster lectures from Cambridge academics
- Student life at Cambridge - Virtual tour, day in the life and student Q&A
- A session voted on by the students (previous topics have included the university admissions process and interviews)
Applications are open until March 2024. Look out for information from your teachers and advisers for details on how to sign up.