Events and helpful resources
Here at Caius we host various events throughout the year – from our annual Women in Economics Day, and BME conference, to various subject days and lectures – and we are excited to build up our events programme further. You can read about upcoming events below.
Arts and Humanities Q&A session - 19 August
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Q&A session - 20 August
At these sessions, attendees will have the opportunity to get all questions answered - be that about University generally, specifically about the Oxbridge admissions process, or about societies.
Our events are open to state school sixth form students, however priority will be given to those from our link areas. More details about the events above and other opportunities, including how to sign up, are circulated via our mailing list – you can sign up here.
Strong applicants to Oxbridge and other competitive universities have often explored their chosen subject through wider reading and enrichment work outside of their A-Level studies. Here are some great places to find resources for supra-curricular activities:
- HE+ (https://www.myheplus.com/)
- Staircase 12 (https://www.univ.ox.ac.uk/applying-to-univ/staircase12/)
Useful links and further information
- Oxford and Cambridge Collaborative Outreach (https://www.oxfordandcambridgeoutreach.co.uk/) – lots of helpful resources about outreach at Oxford and Cambridge Universities
- Advancing access (https://www.advancingaccess.ac.uk/) – resources and events for teachers and advisers to help them support students’ progression to leading universities.
- More information for teachers and parents
- Information for care leavers