The Revd Dr Carolyn Hammond
MA, DPhil (Oxon.) Literae Humaniores. MA (Cantab) Theology and Religious Studies.
Augustine; liturgical praxis; characterization and causation in early Christian historiography; Mariology; words.
Early Christian history and doctrinal development; Greek and Latin languages; Cicero, Caesar, Virgil, Augustine.
- Augustine: The Teacher; Teaching Christianity (Harvard: Loeb Classical Library forthcoming 2024)
- Augustine’s life of prayer, learning and love: lessons for Christian living (2019)
- Caesar: the Gallic War (Oxford World’s Classics 1995)
- Passionate Christianity: a journey to the Cross (SPCK 2007)
- Joyful Christianity: finding Jesus in the world (SPCK 2009)
- Glorious Christianity: walking by faith in the life to come (SPCK 2011)
- Augustine: Confessions
vol. 1, 1-8 (Harvard: Loeb Classical Library 2014)
vol.2, 9-13 (2015)
- The Sound of the Liturgy: how words work in worship (SPCK: 2015)
Tropical orchids (species and hybrids); the Arsenal; liturgy; choral music; occasionally writing Latin for Viz magazine.