Dr Arun Prasad Pandurangan
- College positions:
College Teaching Associate
- University positions:
Senior Research Associate
- Subjects: Natural Sciences
BSc in Computer Science (University of Madras); MSc in Computer Science (University of Madras); PhD in Computer Science, Crystallography and Biophysics (University of Madras)
Development of computational tools to predict protein structures and ligand-receptor complexes; elucidate biological function by fitting, refining, and validating atomic models into cryo-EM density maps; predict the effects of mutations on protein stability and interaction; analysis of infectious and drug resistant mutations and genome annotation.
NST 1A Mathematical Biology (2021 - Present)
Awards and prizes
Honorary Teaching Associateship, Biochemistry, University of Cambridge (2015)
Honorary Research Associateship, ISMB/Birkbeck, UCL (2013)
Junior Research Fellowship, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), India (2006)
- Pandurangan AP*, Blundell TL*. (2020). Prediction of impacts of mutations on protein structure and interactions: SDM, a statistical approach, and mCSM, using machine learning. Protein Science 29: 247-257. (*Corresponding authors).
- Pandurangan AP*, Stahlhacke J, Oates ME, Smithers B, Gough J. (2019). The SUPERFAMILY 2.0 database: a significant proteome update and a new webserver. Nucleic Acids Res 47: D490-D494. (*Corresponding author).
- Pandurangan AP*, Ochoa-Montaño B, Ascher DB, Blundell TL*. (2017). SDM: a server for predicting effects of mutations on protein stability. Nucleic Acids Res 45: W229–W235. (*Corresponding authors).
- Pandurangan AP, Ascher DB, Thomas SE, Blundell TL. (2017). Genomes, Structural Biology, and Drug Discovery: Combating the Impacts of Mutations in Genetic Disease and Antibiotic Resistance. Biochem Soc Trans 45:303-311.
- Pandurangan AP, Vasishtan D, Alber F, Topf M. (2015). γ-TEMPy: simultaneous fitting of components in 3D-EM maps of their assembly using a genetic algorithm. Structure 23:2365–2376.
- Mortensen M, Iqbal F, Pandurangan AP, Hannan S, Huckvale R, Topf M, Baker JR, Smart T. (2014). Photo-antagonism of the GABAA receptor. Nature Commun 5:4454.
- Pandurangan AP, Shakeel S, Butcher SJ and Topf M. (2014). Combined approaches to flexible fitting and assessment in virus capsids undergoing conformational change. J Struct Biol 185:427-439.
- Pandurangan AP and Topf M. (2012). Finding rigid bodies in protein structures: Application to flexible fitting into cryoEM maps. J Struct Biol 177:520-531.
- Pandurangan AP* and Topf M*. (2012). RIBFIND: a web server for identifying rigid bodies in protein structures and to aid flexible fitting into cryo EM maps. Bioinformatics 28:2391-2393. (*Corresponding authors).
- Arun Prasad P and Gautham, N. (2008). A new peptide docking strategy using a mean field technique with mutually orthogonal Latin square sampling. J Comput-Aided Mol Des 22: 815-829.
For a full publication list, please see: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=vi-VM9AAAAAJ&hl=en
Interested in public engagement, science outreach, volunteering for charity through food hub and providing warm spaces for the needy. Hobbies include cricket, tennis and music.