1969 Ruby Reunion
In recent years there have been a series of successful and enjoyable reunions of members of the College who decided to celebrate the anniversary of their matriculation in a special way. A Ruby Reunion was held on Sunday 13th September 2009 for a group of Caians who matriculated in 1969 and their partners.
The programme included:
- Coffee and biscuits in the Cavonius Centre in the Stephen Hawking Building
- A buffet lunch including wines
- Library display & Archive talk
- Tea in the Master's garden with Sir Christopher and Lady Hum
- A Service of Celebration in Chapel led by Revd Canon Brian Watchorn
- A champagne reception
- A four course dinner in Hall, including all wine etc
The reunion was commemorated by the establishment of a fund to raise £300,000 to endow a 1969 College Lectureship. In June 2010, the 1969 Lecturship Fund reached this target which will enable the College to name the new lectureship for the new academic year in October.
Peter Vos (Chair)
Rick Field (Treasurer)
David Ellar (Fellow)