1954 Golden Reunion
Hailed as "an event which exceeded all expectations", the 1954 Golden Reunion was celebrated at Caius on 20/21 September 2004. The culmination of over 2 years' planning, some 45 Caians and their wives enjoyed one of the happiest occasions in the College's calendar.
The photo (see gallery) taken in front of the Gate of Honour, echoes the original taken 50 years earlier on Matriculation.
Highlights of the occasion were:
- "Rogues Gallery", with a prize for the Best Preserved 1954 Caian
- Grand Feast in Hall, with 1954 Choir members chanting Grace
- The "54 Follies" late night cabaret
- A Celebration Service in Chapel
- "Mementoes and Memories" Display in the College Library.
The unqualified success of the occasion led David Stanley, the lead organiser, to express his sincere hope that it would herald a "new and vibrant College tradition, which subsequent generations of Caians will emulate, when their Reunions come around."