Events and helpful resources
Strong applicants to Oxbridge and other competitive universities have often explored their chosen subject through wider reading and enrichment work outside of their school/college studies. We call these activities super-curricular activities. Here are some great places to find resources for super-curricular activities:
- Staircase 12
- You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel, where we have a series of taster lectures delivered by Caius academics
Useful links and further information
- Advancing access – resources and events for teachers and advisers to help them support students’ progression to leading universities
- More information for teachers and parents
- Information for care leavers
- Information about the range of financial support available at Cambridge
Here at Caius, we host various events throughout the year, and we are excited to build up our events programme further. Upcoming events will be posted below.
At these sessions, attendees will have the opportunity to get all questions answered - be that about University generally, specifically about the Oxbridge admissions process, or about societies.
Some of our events are open only to state-school secondary students from our link areas, and some are open to state-school secondary students across the UK. More details about events and other opportunities, including how to sign up, are circulated via our mailing list – you can sign up here.
Year 10 and Year 12 Regional Visit Days (January-March)
- We are excited to host visits for schools in our link areas.
Eleven Up (January-May 2022)
- A five-month programme for Year 11 students across our link areas, beginning January 2022, offering support for making university choices and applications, advice on budgeting and finance, and on super-curricular engagement
- Dedicated webpage here: https://www.cai.cam.ac.uk/access-outreach/caius-link-areas/elevenup
- SIGN-UP here
Caius12 Programme (January-June 2022)
- Exciting 7-session programme for Year 12 students across our link areas interested in making an Oxbridge application, or to other selective universities
- SIGN-UP here
BME Conference (March 2022)
- We’re very happy to announce that we will be running our fourth BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) Conference. The event will be held on Zoom and Whereby specifically for Year 11 and 12 students within our link areas.
- The day’s activities will run from approximately 11:00-16:00 and are aimed at providing attendees with an insight into what life is like as a Cambridge student, as well as providing the opportunity to immerse themselves within a college environment and get all questions answered - be that about University generally, specifically about the Oxbridge admissions process, or about societies! The day’s activities will bust myths about Cambridge and help prepare the students for applying to University. New this year we are excited to offer supervisions to give students a flavour for the style of teaching we offer at Cambridge.
- Sign-up form to follow shortly.